I turned 27 this past weekend. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
And after living in NYC for over 2 years, I finally got my parents to visit - which was my mom’s first trip to NYC… ever. Yes… really.
We lucked out on the weather and spent a lot of time outside in SoHo, the West Village, on the Highline, Central Park, etc. and hit up a couple ‘chef’s’ restaurants (my dad’s a chef by trade).
Other highlights include:
- Meeting up with 4 of my closest friends - Dan, Joe, Matt and Mark - for a couple beers. Doesn’t matter where we are, we have fun together. I love these guys.
- Dinner at SD26 thanks to Daisy’s connections with Massimo Vignelli whom I was able to meet, too. Very cool place, excellent food and service. If you’re a baller or have parents willing to foot the bill, try it!
- First game of the year for my NYAC lacrosse team. We won 21-3 I think. I’ll take it. ;)
- Allen Morgan making intros to tons of great entrepreneurs, investors and the like. In a matter of 24 hours, I’d lined up meetings with some excellent people who I’m excited to meet. Thank you Allen!
- Seeing the premier of “The Startup” - a mini documentary on my startup featured on NYC 3.0. It’s great to see the finished product after almost 5 months of filming. If you’ve got some time and/or interest in startups, it’s worth watching. Hopefully it’s back up - all the traffic yesterday crashed the site! Nice work Alex and Vadim.
Great weekend with lots of my favorite people. Thanks all!